Wednesday, January 13, 2010










I didn't want yesterday to end. I kept telling Derek, "Today is the last day you'll be three." Four, just sounds so old to me... Whenever someone asked how old he was, he would state, "I am three. My birthday is January 13, 2006! I will be four." Now he is four, and I'm feeling a bit sad. As all parents say, "They grow up so fast!" Ric and I cherish each moment we have with our son. Happy Birthday, Derek!!! We love and adore you.

Today we had a lovely day celebrating Derek. When I got home, we opened gifts from Grandma and Grandpa, then did the Five Mile Drive. After, we headed to Eric's work to have lunch. It was wonderful spending time with Uncle Eric! Next, we went to Green Towers for a little bit (actually a lot) of indoor miniature golf . Derek and Ric played 51 holes. We thought he would only do about 3 holes... We were sure wrong. Later on, we went to Build-A-Bear where Derek made his first stuffed bear and placed a tiny heart inside. Lastly, Derek opened gifts from Mema and us. What a very special day!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Derek,
You sure have gotten big next to your rabbit! Your cake looked so yummy at Uncle Eric's place. By the way Grandpa and Grandma love miniture golf...next time we would love to take you and play. Our electricity was out for 10 hours yesterday and had lots of rain. Love you so much. Grandpa and Grandma

Tue Jan 19, 01:14:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home