Tuesday, January 17, 2006



We would like to introduce to you all the newest addition to our family...Derek Von Matthies born Friday, January 13 at 7:47 in the morning. He weighed in at 6 pounds 10 ounces and is 21 and three quarter inches long. To make a long story short, I began the induction process at 7:45 Thursday morning and then was given a c-section the following morning. They believe they way he was turned did not allow for my uterus to want to open up. I would have endured back labor otherwise. My care was superior and the experience, AMAZING! In my heart I knew I would be going through a great deal with my labor. I guess it makes up for how well the pregnancy process went. I wouldn't have changed any of it and would do it all again in a heart beat! We got home two days ago and had to rearrange most of the house due to my surgery. RIC IS TRULY INCREDIBLE! He has been our constant care. Today we had our first baby check-up and all is well! WE LOVE OUR SON SOOOOOOOO MUCH! Thank you for all of your phone calls, encouragement, congratulations...Our son has many wonderful people to meet in his life.

If you would like to enjoy a ton more photos of Derek go to sandyhere.blogspot.com

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

He's GORGEOUS!!! Congratulations, Tiffany and Ric. I am so happy for you and wish you all the best as you recover from your surgery and get to know your precious son, Derek. What a CUTIE!!!
Lots of love, Racheal xoxoxo

Wed Jan 18, 12:31:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Congratulations mom and dad!!
He is absolutely beautiful, how can he not be with parents like you! I hope to be able to see him soon! Miss you at school Tiff, but there couldn't be a better reason to not be there! See ya soon!! Love Cyndee

Sat Jan 21, 06:18:00 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hi Ric and Tif,

I'm so happy for you guys!

How was your first week of mother/fatherhood?

Aly and Aaron are having a ball with their son, Luc, and I can imagine you guys are having the same wondrous time with Derek.

Big hugs to all three of you. I can't wait to talk to you when you get a moment.
xoxo
Racheal

Wed Jan 25, 03:42:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home